VIDEO RECORDING OF THIS SERMON
AUDIO RECORDING OF THIS SERMON
2 Sam. 6:1-8
- Read Passage Pray
Uzzah’s Error was a Fatal Error
- God is dead serious. There are sins unto death [1Jn.5:16]
- [Gen.19:26] Lot’s wife looked back, pillar of salt.
- [Gen.38:1-10] Judah’s son Er was wicked in the sight of the Lord: and the Lord slew him, Onan did not want to raise up seed to his brother. “And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also”
- [Lev.10:1-2] Aaron’s two boys, Nadab, and Abihu offered strange fire before the Lord. There went out a fire from the Lord, and devoured them, and they died before the Lord.
- [Num.15:32-36] The old man picking up sticks on the Sabbath, Stoned to death.
- [Num.16:1-33] Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, the ground opened and swallowed them up.
- [Josh.7] Achan took of the accursed thing, Babylonish garment, two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold, they stoned them and burned all.
- [Acts 5] Ananias and Sapphira his wife… Dead and Dead.
- God has a “due order” [1Chr.15:11-13] God’s Will.
- Uzzah, grabbed on to the ark, fatal error.
Uzzah’s Error was a Foolish Error History leading up to his error
- [1 Sam. 4:3] – Ark of God at Shiloh
- Eli’s sons lost it to Philistines – [1 Sam.4:10-11]
- [1 Sam.4:17-22] The glory of the Lord is departed from Israel, heard preached “never touch God’s glory”
- Philistines start paying big time and give it back! – [1 Sam. 5-6]
- [1 Sam.6:14-15] – Levites handle the ark – Someone knew God’s “Due Order”
- [1 Sam.6:19-21] Even they messed up, and 50,070 died!
- [1 Sam.7:1-2] Brought it to Abinadab’s house, Sanctified Eleazar to keep it, and remained there 20 years, until King David came to move it.
- Grew up with the ark of God in his house
- Had an older brother that was sanctified to keep it, had great opportunity to know about God
- House was probably blessed, [2 Sam.6:9-11]
- How many chances did God give him over the years?
- Never thought he would need to move with God
- Foolish Error
Uzzah’s Error was a Familiar Error The Application for us!
Is anyone raising a Uzzah?
Growing up with God in the house
Many opportunities to grow, learn, be instructed – but not happening!
Enjoying the Blessings of God – and thinking that is the norm, expected!
Already testing God’s longsuffering – with no fear of God!
And when the first time they need to move with God comes, ERROR!
Anyone in here falling for the same Familiar Errors?
A Healthy Fear of God?
Taking the blessings of God for granted?
Taking His word for granted?
Taking His preaching for granted?
Taking His personal relationship for granted?
Just like Uzzah, we all drew closer to God at the beginning of this Covid Virus, and as it goes on, are you getting closer each day?
What is your spiritual age today? Are you growing? (Do not be ashamed to seek instruction)
How many times has God let you get by with that same sin? (you are testing his longsuffering)
You have His word, you have a great church and pastor, you have every opportunity to grow and learn about your savoir. You should never slack in that. (keep it real and keep it exciting, stretch yourself)
Without a doubt, God in your house is a Blessing! (need him not only in, but in the center of your life)
We get very comfortable with the status quo, and resist change (church, bible, and prayer routine, hopefully you are “shook” up a bit, like the ark was and will get uncomfortable)
The first time God is moving in your life, you know nothing about his “Due Order”, because you know nothing about Him. (Marriage, Moving, Job Opportunity, Finances)
Fatal Error, Foolish Error, or Fall for Familiar Errors!